VoIP & SS7 Protocol compliance and conversion among them
SyncSwitch SS7 Platform is complaint with Session Initiation Protocol(SIP), IAX2 and various SS7 and ISDN protocols, as well as facilitate conversion among them.
Complete specification of supported protocols are provided hereunder.
- RFC 3261 Session Initiate Protocol
- RFC 2976 SIP INFO Method
- RFC 3398 ISUP-SIP Mapping
- RFC 3514 Refer Method
- RFC 3578 Overlap
- RFC 2327 Session Description Protocol
- RFC 3581 An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Symmetric Response Routing
- RFC 3665 Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Basic Call Flow Example
- RFC 3666 Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) Call Flows
- RFC 3892 Referred-by Mechanism
- RFC 3891 Replaces Header
- RFC 3372 Session Initiation Protocol for Telephones
- ITU Q.1912 for ISUP-C7-to-SIP inter working
- SS7 Protocols
- ISDN Protocols
Codec compliance and conversion among them
Supports wide verity of free and proprietary codecs listed hereunder. SyncSwitch SS7 Platform is capable of software and hardware based (DSP Card) codec conversion among all the codecs it does support. However, for proprietary codec such as G.723 and G.729, require to purchase codec license separately. Various PCI and PCI Express based DSP cards are supported and configurable with SyncSwitch SS7 Platform which takes the responsibility of codec conversion.
- G.723, G.723.1
- G.729a, G.729b, G.729.1
- G.711 (µ-law & a-law)
- GSM (06.10, 06.20, 06.60)
- AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AMR-WB+
- May Others Open source codec
Type of businesses can be implemented with SyncSwitch SS7 Platform
SyncSwitch SS7 Platform is primarily used as digital interconnection gateway between VoIP and TDM platforms. However, it can be implimented for following business models.
Wholesale VoIP Termination: For terminating calls VoIP still largely dependent on traditional circuit based networks or TDM (Time Division Multiplexing) platforms. Because, across all country, major local telecommunication service provider is based on TDM Platform. SyncSwitch SS7 Platform bridges TDM and VoIP. It works as Gateway and convert VoIP traffic and send to TDM Network and vise versa. So, for wholesale carriers who have direct deployment with telecommunication service providers with TDM network, SyncSwitch SS7 Platform is ideal.
Call Back: SyncSwitch SS7 Platform can be deployed for Call Back Services. For many large sclae call back services, operators need direct interconnection with Mobile/Land Phone operators. SyncSwitch SS7 Platform helps for interconnection and facilitate call back service with all necessary and unique features specially developed for Call Back Services.
Calling Card: Some calling card providers need interconnection with Mobile/Land Phone operators. SyncSwitch SS7 Platform helps for interconnection and facilitate calling card service with all necessary and unique features specially developed for Calling Card Services.
Features and functionality of SyncSwitch Routing engine.
SyncSwitch SS7 Platform comes up with exclusive and innovative routing features that are in demand in carrier grade business. It gives complete control over the incoming and outgoing calls.
- Unlimited number of routing table: SyncSwitch SS7 Platform comes up with unlimited number of routing table. Routing policy, capacity allocation and destination availability can be configured and assigned for each and every customers differently.
- Least cost routing (LCR): Least cost routing policy choose routes for a call based on their rates. Lowest rate route get highest priority.
- Quality Based Routing (QBR): Quality Based Routing (QBR) policy choose the highest quality route as first priority and and so on. Read more
- Least Cost and Quality Routing (LCQR): Least Cost and Quality Routing (LCQR) policy of SyncSwitch chooses the optimum quality route with a moderate rate. Based on a the quality and rate of a route, it creates a metric. Depending on that, SyncSwitch route calls to various gateways.
- Force Routing (FR): With this policy, SyncSwitch follow user provided priority value for routing. 1 represents highest priority and higher number represent lower priority.
- Multilevel fail over: SyncSwitch comes up with multiple level of fail over. If one route fails to connect a call for any reason, it automatically reroute the call to the next priority route, and it continues up to the number defined by the user.
- Proper distribution of channels of a Gateway/Route/Carrier: SyncSwitch allows a single gateway to be member of multiple routing table. So, channels of a gateway can be distributed among multiple routing table which ensures best utilization of the capacity.
- Loss Protection: If this feature is enabled, any calls with a higher buying rate than selling rate, will be rejected. So, there is no chance of loosing money for misconfiguration of rates.
- Qualifying latency for a Gateway: This feature disable a gateway from routing automatically if latency of the gateway from Switch is more than the specified value. Higher latency results higher Post Dial Duration (PDD) and sometimes for voice breaking. This feature prevents calls to be routed in a bad gateway/route/carrier.
- Auto Blocking of Unavailable routes: If a gateway/route is temporarily unavailable due to power failure or network issues, SyncSwitch automatically disable the gateway instantly so calls will not trash on that gateway. It continuously monitor the gateway and when it comes up again, SyncSwitch automatically starts sending calls to that.
- Configurable IVR Mode: IVR for Calling Card, normal device users and for wholesale carriers must need to be different. SyncSwitch SS7 Platform allows user to configure IVR mode depending on the customer type.
- Traffic Flow Control: This feature distribute traffic among various routes by generating sense of capacity, priority and call ratio of available routes. It distribute traffic in a proportionate way so all gateway gets some traffic in off-peak or low traffic situation.
- Call Limit: SyncSwitch SS7 Platform allows user to assign destination wise call limit in a certain routing group to give better control over the route. It allows to control customers / carriers to send a limited number of calls as well.
- Gateway and Gatekeeper mode authentication: SyncSwitch SS7 Platform have both Gateway and Gatekeeper mode of authentication. It can both send and receive call traffic in both way.
- Prefix Management: SyncSwitch SS7 Platform can receive multiple prefix from a single IP for Single destination from a customer. So, differentiating routes with quality is more easy now. SyncSwitch allows user to remove a prefix and add another prefix to the dial plan and send traffic to specific gateway with that dial plan.
CDR & Billing
Features and functionality and reporting facility of SyncSwitch CDR Engine
The SyncSwitch has its own programmable database cluster which keeps all incoming and outgoing call record with detail information. By default it comes with following reporting options:
- CDR Log report can be generated by combination of any variable like Account, Gateway, Destination, Reseller, Company, Caller ID, Dial Status, Q.931 Code, Dialed Number and Source IP etc.
- CDR Log shows unique id of call, Start time, Answer time, End time, Call duration, Account, Caller IP, Caller ID, Destination, Gateway, Q.931 Code and Post Dialing Delay.
- CDR Summery shows Total calls, good calls, drop calls, maximum duration, total duration, Answer-Seizure Ratio (ASR), Average Call Duration (ACD) and Post Dialing Delay (PDD).
- CDR Summery searching is possible by Day, Hour, Account, Destination, Gateway, Company, and Reseller and disconnect cause with multiple selection at a time.
- Active Calls shows all currently processing and active calls in the switch. Active calls is searchable by Reseller, Company, Account, Gateway and Dialed Number.
- Call Debug shows all unauthenticated call hits in the switch which helps to troubleshoot any problem faster
- Billing Log shows Start time, Duration, Destination Name, Called number, Account, Gateway, Cost amount, Billed amount and Profit
- Billing Log report can be generated by combination of any variable like Destination, Account, Gateway, Company, Reseller and called number.
- Billing summery shows, Total calls, Good calls, Total Duration, Cost Amount, Billed amount and Profit, Billing summery report can be generated by combination of any variable like Day, Hour, Account, Gateway, Company, Reseller and Destination.
- Reseller, Company, user/account/pin are displayed with complete description and status.
- Payment reports shows all payments made or received.
SyncSwitch SS7 Platform comes up with built in real time billing manager which do billing for each and every call depending on the rate chart.
- Advanced Rate Plan
- Time based rating can give the facility of peak and off-peak rating and availability of the package in specific days.
- Minimum duration, pulse, grace period, rate per call and second per minute can provide the access to manipulating packages as customer wants.
- Rate chart upload facility from *.CSV file can give easy access and faster control over the rate change.
- Owners base rate showing in My Account option for every level of web login.
- Rate Chart assignment for every entity accordingly.
- Copy rate chart creation.
- Addition and multiplication of base rate while copying a rate chart.
- Real Time Billing
- Real time billing manager create bill for each and every call and deduct bill from account balance of caller.
- Billing reports shows Cost, Billed and profit amount per call and summery with various variable.
- Complete prepaid and post paid billing management
- Option for adding and deducting payment
- Credit limit option.
- Minimum profit per call can secure a minimum profit per call for the carrier.
Number of concurrency it can handle.
SyncSwitch SS7 Platform offers fully extensible and scalable solution, starts from 1 E-1 to 20 E-1 in a single server platform, and any number of concurrency in a clustered platform.
Fail-over and up-time.
SyncSwitch SS7 Platform can be configured as a fully redundant platform including hardware fail-over and load balancing. It assures 99.999% up time considering force majeure.
Operation, Administration & Maintenance (OA&M)
|Web Based Interface
Web Based Interface of SyncSwitch is designed in a very user friendly way. It is geared with all features to configure, monitor and debug calls in the switch. It has various tools to setup customers and carriers, setup routing table, setup rate chart and other required things. It includes various monitoring tools to monitor calls real time such as active calls, call debug, gateway statement, routing statement etc along with real time CDR and Billing reports. Call Debug and CDR data helps to debug and solve problems related to configuration and route.
Command Line Interface
SyncSwitch Standard Platform comes up with a Secured Shell Command line interface. It enables administrator to see system status, manage processes and databases. Database maintenance are also done from command line.
SyncSwitch SS7 Platform is provisioned in Unix/Linux based servers with enhanced security system. It reduces chance of hacking and cracking of the software and database. Its web interface comes up with secured HTTP (HTTPS). Command Line interface have 2 step login with SSH only login which enhance the security of the service. Along with these, there are many other security options that are enabled to secure the switch.